Core Technology Solutions is engaged in a very strategic search seeking a talented and experienced DevOps Director to join an amazing company, the leader in the industry! Considered one of the Best Places to work in South Carolina, you will find yourself near the beach and a short drive to Columbia; as well as Charlotte and Atlanta.
As the DevOps Director, you will have the awesome responsibility to (but not limited):
- Lead a mission-critical operations team with the goal of ensuring software engineering teams have the infrastructure they need to develop, test, and deploy client-facing applications.
- Promote the benefits of DevOps by identifying and quantifying the business benefits that come from the greater agility DevOps delivers.
- As a change agent, you’ll ensure buy-in from development and operational teams, identify the key roles to support DevOps delivery methods, and make sure IT and software engineers are trained and empowered to make those changes.
Awesome company, excellent culture, wonderful benefits to include (but not limited to):
- Healthy 401k plan with aggressive matching
- Wellness Clinic
- Company that walks the talk when it comes to work-life balance
What you will do:
- Through communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; developing, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; and initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures; YOU will manage a team of Site Reliability and Operations Engineers.
- Take the reigns and accountable to overall end-to-end life cycle management solution architecture for customer-facing enterprise systems in Amazon’s cloud environment.
- Provide coaching on the importance of automation in order to save time and build consistency.
- Work closely with product management, leadership, and engineering to foster projects through the company’s software development process with the goal of bringing quality based solutions to market in a timely manner.
- Encourage sharing tools to increase efficiency and create a higher level of engagement among employees.
- Coach teams to understand and implement core DevOps values: culture, automation, measurement, and sharing (CAMS).
- Foster an environment that encourages people to ask questions, cooperate with and learn from each other, and innovate.
- Measure improvement through data and make that available to all teams and team members.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related with 10+ years of experience as an IT or Software Development professional
- with 3-5 years of experience in management and 3-5 years working in Dev Ops, or an equivalent mix of education and experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence team and/or projects
- Experience with automation and continuous integration, hands-on AWS experience (configuration, troubleshooting, software installation), and working knowledge of Linux and Windows Server operating systems are preferred
- Thorough understanding of and experience with agile and DevOps practices, processes, and culture
Core Technology Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a variety of employment opportunities and benefits. Please check out our website for additional opportunities.
Ask about our Employee Referral Program! We offer fees for any placement of referred candidates. Please inquire about details.