Core Technology Solutions is in search of creative and analytical problem-solvers to join one of our growing clients’ Information Technology teams and help continue to improve their products and processes so that their members and customers can reach their goals. In this role of Director, Software Engineering – you will support a company that heavily relies on cutting-edge IT operations to serve its members.
We WANT ambitious individuals with a strong team mentality and a genuine passion for software engineering. Join a company where programming design and quality is expected, appreciated, and nurtured.
Employer is located in Columbia, South Carolina, where you will find yourself in close proximity to the beautiful east coast, a short drive to Charlotte, N.C. and just a few hours from Atlanta, GA.
In this role, YOU will:
- Research, design, develop, and maintain customized modules for existing and new web applications.
- Assist and guide scrum teams in translating business requirements to actionable software deliverables.
- Monitor and analyze software engineering team progress and results within the scrum team and adjust assigned resources as necessary to maintain software engineering goals and milestones.
- Assist IT leadership team with development and execution of multi-year IT strategy and plan.
- Provide guidance and oversight in project planning, technical design, estimating and development schedules.
- Facilitate a culture of innovation and lessons learned among software engineering teams to maximize quality and productivity.
- In-depth knowledge of the larger engineering ecosystem to effectively scope and prioritize the technical side of the work.
- Oversee the execution of multiple projects simultaneously and ensuring deadlines are being met, including metrics for software quality and security.
- Cultivate an environment of collaboration, transparency and passion for technical excellence.
- Supervise development staff and work with departmental representatives to coordinate project priorities and progress.
- Evaluate performance, prepare and deliver performance reviews.
- Assist in end user training, testing, and debugging of extranet applications.
- Oversee workflow and project details to ensure project completion meets deadlines.
- Manage development of program documentation, project timelines, and on-line help/training functionality.
You will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience. If equivalent experience, high school diploma required.
- Requires a minimum of five to seven years of software engineering experience, including hands-on experience in developing large-scale web-based applications using the latest technologies.
- Healthcare background is a plus.
- Proven management skills of enterprise level websites.
- Engage, manage, mentor and coach a team of software engineers.
- Grow the team by attracting and hiring top talent in management and software engineering.
- Retain and promote career growth for your team.
- Ability to influence others to achieve results. Managing through context rather than control.
- Effectively handle conflict resolution.
- Foster and nurture a team culture of teamwork and selflessness.
- Forecast resourcing and staffing needs and effectively utilize all available resources.
- Partner with others to deliver mission critical software. This includes, but not limited to, Product Owners, Product Managers, Scrum Masters, Software Engineering Managers, QA Managers, UX/UI Managers, System Admins, etc.
Core Technology Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a variety of employment opportunities and benefits. Please check out our website for additional opportunities.
Ask about our Employee Referral Program! We offer fees for any placement of referred candidates. Please inquire about details.