Core Technology Solutions is in search of talented and experienced Front-End Software Engineer to join a growing organization. Qualified individuals will be a passionate and analytical individual looking to contribute his/her skills and leadership to the Front-End Engineering team. The Software Engineer II, Front End is responsible for creating single page apps, while working closely with, and providing support to, front end developers, software (API) engineers, designers, and product owners. He or she will be expected to help mentor Associate Software Engineers, Front End and interns.
Employer is located in Columbia, South Carolina, where you will find yourself in close proximity to the beautiful east coast, a short drive to Charlotte, N.C. and just a few hours from Atlanta, GA.
In this role, YOU will:
- Develop mobile-first, single page apps using Ember.js for use on various devices and in various environments.
- Provide support to the rest of the web development team by converting mockups and wireframes into clean, easy to maintain, and reusable components (using Ember.js).
- Validate / test for 508 compliancy and cross-browser/platform/device compatibility.
- Write clean, maintainable, and reusable code that adheres to code standards
- Assist with discovery and diagnoses of bugs in the development environment
- Participate in Front End and scrum team meetings
- Maintains code libraries and documents technical specs
- Research solutions
- Participate in code standards and code reviews
You will have:
- Experience building websites that adhere to mobile-first functionality and fluid layouts
- Experience creating reusable components for use across multiple apps in the form of web components, or components as defined in Ember, React, Vue, Angular, etc. We use Ember, so experience with Ember is a plus
- 1+ year writing ES2015, as well as Node.js
- Experience writing tasks in Gulp.js or a similar build tool
- Experience writing unit, integration, and acceptance/UI tests
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Bachelor’s degree in human-computer interaction, computer science, or a related degree (or equivalent experience).
- High school diploma required.
Core Technology Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a variety of employment opportunities and benefits. Please check out our website for additional opportunities.
Ask about our Employee Referral Program! We offer fees for any placement of referred candidates. Please inquire about details.