Core Technology Solutions is engaged in a very strategic search seeking a talented and experienced Network Engineer to join an amazing company, the leader in the industry! In the heart of downtown Columbia, everything that you might need is within fingers reach!
- Designs, deploys and maintains all LAN and WAN networks.
- Ensure LAN/WAN functionality by properly configuring and recovering IOS and other files
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of hardware and software problems for end-users and implements corrective solutions, including off-site repair, as necessary.
What you will do:
- Performs backups on configuration files and networking IOS files.
- Implements all equipment with appropriate security features and resolves security issues related to the phone system, LAN, and WAN.
- Monitors network performance and integrity and suggests improvements to network performance, capacity and scalability.
- Provides Tier 2 help-desk support by assisting end-users with software/hardware problems and inquiries. Tests fixes to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Performs Cisco phone system maintenance, upgrades, repairs, and programming as needed.
- Assists information security team with system monitoring for security issues and resolution.
- On-call, after-hours and weekend on-call support will be required
- Prepares various types of correspondence, completes/creates required reports/records accurately and promptly, and performs other administrative duties as necessary.
- Keeps supervisor and manager informed of area activities and any significant problems or concerns.
- Ensures data replication is up to date and performing correctly Maintains effective working relations with coworkers, vendors, and trade professionals
- Keeps abreast of technology trends and changes and remains compliant with all programs, policies, procedures, and regulations.
What you bring to the table:
- A degree in Computer Science or related field preferred OR an equivalent combination of education, and experience with 3-5 years of experience in management and 3-5 years working in DevOps, or an equivalent mixture of education and experience
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNP) Certification preferred.
- Thorough understanding of and experience with agile and DevOps practices, processes, and culture
- 8+ years of experience working with LAN/WAN and Cisco hardware/software
- Must have solid knowledge of Data Center networking, including the Cisco Nexus platform, Cisco UCS and FI, as well as experience in fiber channel zoning and zone sets.
- In-depth knowledge of TCPIP and LAN/WAN networking concepts. Knowledge of routing protocols; iBGP, EIGRP, and OSPF, In-depth knowledge of circuits; MPLS, SIP, PRIs, T-1 Lines, and OC-12.
- Working knowledge of phone network and firewall concepts, Servers, Linux, Microsoft 2008, 2012 and 2016 operating system(s), and Active Directory.
Core Technology Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a variety of employment opportunities and benefits. Please check out our website for additional opportunities.
Ask about our Employee Referral Program! We offer fees for any placement of referred candidates. Please inquire about details.