The SW QA Manager is responsible for overseeing quality control throughout the software development life cycle by building and testing, while managing a team of QA Analysts and QA Engineers (onshore and offshore). Will build upon an existing organizational Software Quality Assurance (SQA) testing and change management strategy including the management of human and technical resources, schedules, quality controls, reporting, test automation and all levels of communication.
- Continue to improve the formal Software Quality Assurance (SQA) program/team.
- Based upon industry best practices, devise and establish testing procedures, standards and specifications, and assist with the development, revision, and verification of test case scenarios, master test matrix, and all training documentation.
- Develop and nurture key relationships with all critical stakeholders and partners to facilitate effective communication, manage expectations, and deliver results.
- Continually improve/streamline business processes and systems to reduce costs.
- Manage SQA and training to include hiring, work allocation, scheduling, training and professional development, problem resolution, performance evaluation, and related supervisory activities.
- Maintain software consistency throughout software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), to include the Planning, Inception, Elaboration, Construction, Testing, Deployment, and Closure phases through Quality checkpoints and testing.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years’ work experience in software quality assurance role.
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) phases, methodologies (Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, Lean, Kanban, Iterative, etc.), and testing practices.
- Experience building and leading/managing an enterprise Software Quality Assurance team.
- Strong talent mindset: maintaining, recruiting, and selecting, training, coaching, and motivating testing staff.
- Working knowledge of software testing methodologies including requirements traceability, defect management, defect analysis, injection/detection analysis, defect remediation, etc.
- Experience leading/coordinating the execution of large multi-platform testing efforts.
- Must have recent, direct experience in the creation and execution of a test suite automation strategy, tool implementation, and maintenance plans.
- Experience with enterprise level Change Management processes covering risk management and problem management.
Core Technology Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a variety of employment opportunities and benefits. Please check out our website for additional opportunities.
Ask about our Employee Referral Program! We offer fees for any placement of referred candidates. Please inquire about details.