Core Technology Solutions is in search of talented and experienced UX Designer II to join an amazing group of technical professionals that utilize some of the most cutting-edge technology in the industry!
Centrally located in Columbia, South Carolina you will find yourself in close proximity to the beautiful east coast, a short drive to Charlotte, N.C. and just a few hours from Atlanta, GA.
In this role, YOU will:
- Design and maintain high quality digital experiences using Design Thinking and Lean UX process. Must be able to work independently.
You will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, CS or a related field. Equivalent practical experience will be considered. High school diploma required.
- Minimum 3 years’ of progressing experience in the field of UX.
- Experience in concept ideation, design strategy, prototyping and crafting the visual interface.
- Mastery of UX design and prototyping toolset (Illustrator, Photoshop, Sketch, Axure, Invision, Balsamiq, etc.) Bonus for experience in motion design or front-end coding.
- Fluency in best practices for mobile and web-based UX and responsible design, with a deep and broad knowledge of usability principles and techniques. Experience with an agile development environment.
- Experience designing compelling, usable and desirable user experiences and interfaces for a variety of platforms.
- Emotionally connect with customers and dig deep to understand their motivations, aspirations.
- Rapidly iterate and prototype web and mobile designs in a range of fidelities based on user research acknowledging technical feasibility.
- Ability to explain your ideas, designs and best practices in order to successfully convince, motivate and inspire stakeholders.
- Ability to iterate your designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Ability to exercise confidentiality in all matters.
Duties and Responsibilities:
95% work as a part of a team of UX Designers and UX Architects:
- Design and deliver high quality mockups, low and high-fidelity prototypes and final production visuals for various platforms (web, mobile, application).
- Demonstrate conceptual thinking, pixel perfect design and flawless delivery while meeting brand requirements.
- Collaborate with UX Architect to establish a design strategy for every design challenge.
- Concept several ideas with the ability to objectively filter and evolve the best ideas and drive the project through execution.
- Manage multiple problem solving tasks with little supervision.
- Apply design thinking principles through deep team collaboration in an agile environment.
- Lead ideation sessions/design studios, design walkthroughs with development and other stakeholders.
- Lead UX in all phases of the product development lifecycle, including product ideation and definition, design, user research and usability testing.
- Present objectives, design approach, and creative solutions to stakeholders in an articulate and persuasive manner.
- Collaborate with developers in a SCRUM environment on a day-to-day basis.
- Constantly develop yourself as well as your teammates, and contribute to the movement of a design led company.
Core Technology Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a variety of employment opportunities and benefits. Please check out our website for additional opportunities.
Ask about our Employee Referral Program! We offer fees for any placement of referred candidates.