Our client is expanding their software engineering team to support an increasing demand for their high-tech products marketed around the world. The global leader in their industry, headquartered in South Carolina, is seeking to add a key role to meet the growing product demand. Occasional travel could be involved. If you are detail oriented, analytical, and love to find solutions-this might be the job for you!
Scope and Responsibilities:
This role will be responsible for implementation and maintenance of the test procedures, tools and infrastructure for automated testing client’s highly engineered products, including embedded controller firmware and produced machines controller software solutions. You also will play role in supporting test processes, testability and general test infrastructure, tools, and methodologies for use across client’s Atlas Platform, Media, Media2 products portfolio as well as bring new products to market by performing test and validation activity as a team member of Software Quality Assurance team. The responsibilities of this role are listed, but not limited to, the below:
What you will be doing:
- Design test plans, scenarios, scripts, or procedures.
- Maintain test tools, test automation infrastructure and regression framework.
- Develop Automation scripts for various device emulators, simulators and controller drivers.
- Develop testing programs that address areas such as software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests.
- Identify, analyze, and document problems with program function, output, online screen, or content.
- Monitor bug resolution efforts and track successes.
- Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems.
- Participate in product spec reviews, code reviews, design, triage, scheduling, and other product development process
- Documentation and archiving of test results. Includes report generation, administration and maintenance of electronic and hardcopy archives and organization of product storage.
- Executes detailed test scripts for verification of, but not limited to, software functionality, security, and system performance.
- Generates and maintains test data and portions of the test lab environment.
- Understands and correctly interprets written or verbal business and technical requirements. Carries out test plans and test cases to fully test these requirements. Suggests and documents changes to ensure accuracy of requirements and test cases.
Education / Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- 1+ year experience in scripting languages Python, Bash, etc.
- Experience developing or testing Linux software applications. Embedded system design, debug, and testing in an Embedded Linux environment is a plus.
- User experience in Git, SVN, Trac, Jira or similar version control and bug tracking tools
- Understanding Object oriented programming concepts.
- Basic level programming language C, C++.
- Experience developing Automation scripts in Robot Framework is a plus.
- Fundamentals of database concepts and fundamentals of database query design.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint Excel, Microsoft Access.
- Attention to Detail, experience providing analytical, problem solving, research, and time management skills.
- High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities.
- Clear communicator (written and verbal) – to ensure ability to write test plans and test cases. To communicate bugs to developers and other stakeholders.
- Excellent ability to work independently; ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines. The role requires the execution of multiple projects in parallel.
- Passion for engineering excellence through automation and process improvements.