Website Core Technology Solutions
We Build Relationships
We are seeking a talented Sr. System Support Analyst with 6+ years of technical experience with systems analysis, design and/or programming for a long-term assignment with our client in Columbia SC, a leading insurance organization.
Seeking only candidates LOCAL TO COLUMBIA SC, or willing to relocate to Columbia SC for this position. W2 Long Term contract position, No C2C or 3rd Party candidates.
What you will do in this role:
- Perform/Support installation, configuration, administration, implementation, scheduling and/or tuning/modification of applications. Provide support for simple to moderate system/production performance concerns. Collaborate with various internal groups and external vendors to ensure all specifications are met and problems are resolved as they arise.
- Monitor and report on scheduled batch and online applications for successful/unsuccessful execution. May run necessary system backups. Review and/or create documentation for accuracy, future problems, and company standards.
- Perform testing responsibilities as need. Review all abnormal results/issues from previous processing cycles and verify that they have been logged/resolved.
- Communicate with applications on-call persons to repair applications that ended abnormally. May perform corrective actions whenever possible to fix applications that end abnormally and/or notify appropriate area for resolution. Consult with senior level peers on projects of greater complexity.
- Participate in work sessions and walkthroughs for quality and production implementations, releases, data conversion projects and/or disaster recovery exercises.
- Bachelors or Associates Degree in Computer Science, IT or related field or additional years of job related experience.
- 6+ years of technical experience with systems analysis, design, and/or programming.
- Experience troubleshooting applications that run on Windows, Linux or ZLinux.
- Required to come onsite once per week. Candidates required to be local.
- 2-3 years of experience with Windows and Unix scripting (Bash, Perl, Python, Powershell)
- Coding experience in Java, C++, or Perl.
- Familiarity/ experience with administration of any/ all the following: Arcsight, BlackDuck, Exabeam, FireEye, Nessus, Splunk, Tripwire, Tenable.
- Preferred experience with: RedHat Enterprise Linux (v7), Windows server
Core Technology Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a variety of employment opportunities and benefits. Please check out our website for additional opportunities.
Ask about our Employee Referral Program! We offer fees for any placement of referred candidates. Please inquire about details.